monogamy (mɒˈnɒɡəmɪ )
polygamy (pəˈlɪɡəmɪ )
- the practice of having more than one wife or husband at the same time Compare polyandry, polygyny
- the condition of having male, female, and hermaphrodite flowers on the same plant
- the condition of having these different types of flower on separate plants of the same species
- the practice in male animals of having more than one mate during one breeding season.
- (religion) the state of being celibate
- abstention from sexual intercourse
Intimacy: Most people seem to see intimacy as the bit only shared between married or committed relationship partners. But intimacy can be directly related to the human touch, rather than simply sexual intimacy which is quite different. Relationships can be strengthened if we have physical contact, as the interactions cause a feel good factor few people recognise easily. Hugging is a prime example, as is kissing and or hand shaking. Trust is often given to the giver of intimacy, when the receiver instinctively feels it comes with honesty and integrity.